|Greenwood Public Library offers computer instruction to the public free
of charge, at three levels, basic, intermediate, and advanced. The following classes are held on a regular basis, following a regularly rotating
session schedule: Jan.-Feb., March-April, May-July, Aug.-Oct., and Nov.-Dec.
Skill Level 1: Basic
Mouse & Keyboarding Basics -
Learn the basics of typing and how to operate a mouse to navigate the computer. No prerequisites required.
- Introduction to Windows - View Handout
Learn to use Windows 7 based computers, including powering on the computer, opening and closing windows, saving files, etc. Prerequisite: Must know how to type and use a mouse.
Skill Level 2: Intermediate
- Basic Internet - View Handout | Firefox vs. IE
Learn to navigate the internet, GPL's webpage, and conduct Google searches. Prerequisite: Introduction to Windows or equivalent experience.
- Basic Word - View Handout
Topics include terminology, menu options, text formatting, and copying and pasting text. Prerequisite: Introduction to Windows or equivalent experience.
Skill Level 3: Advanced
- Advanced Word - View Handout
Learn how to insert images, make labels and format tables. Prerequisite: Basic Word or similar experience.
- Microsoft Publisher- View Handout | Worksheet
Learn the basics of creating a brochure in Microsoft Office Publisher 2010. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- PowerPoint - View Handout
Topics include creating, viewing, and designing slides. Transitions and animations will also be covered. Prerequisite: Must have completed Basic MS Word or equivalent experience.
- Excel 1: The Basics & Beginning Formulas - View Handout | Class Spreadsheet | Excel Class Webpage
Learn how to type in Excel cells, format spreadsheets, and use AutoSum. Students must be very proficient with the mouse and know how to use formatting (change font name, bold type, etc.) in Microsoft Word.
- Excel 2: Formulas, Charts, and More - View Handout | Class Spreadsheet | Excel Class Webpage
Build on the skills learned in Excel 1 by using formulas, sorting, freezing/hiding panels, and much more. Prerequisite: Excel 1.
- Excel 3: Linking, PivotTables, vLookup, & Macros - View Handout | Addendum | Class Spreadsheet | SalesFor2008 | SumIF Worksheet | Excel Class Webpage
Build on the skills learned in Excel 2 by using the chart wizard and conditional formatting in addition to copying/pasting into Word, linking spreadsheets, and importing files. Prerequisite: Excel 2.