Get Involved at the Greenwood Public Library
Teen Advisory Board
Get Involved in the Community
Why do teens volunteer at the library?
Some teens have an interest in the library and are eager to support and enhance library services. Some teens volunteer to earn community service hours for school. And some teens just enjoy the satisfaction of helping others.
What does a volunteer do at the library?
- Create book displays
- Program preparation
- Straightening / blocking shelves
- Book series continuation
- and more!
How do I become a volunteer?
- Pick up a volunteer application at the Reference Desk, print one out here, or fill out our online application
- Return the application to the Reference desk on the second floor
- The volunteer coordinator will review your application and will contact you to set up an interview
- For more information, or if you have any questions about volunteering, contact Taryn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 885-5036.
10 Reasons why you should join TAB
- Earn community service hours for school
- Looks GREAT on college and job applications
- Get first dibs on new books and movies
- Plan programs that you want to attend
- Help lead programs
- Pick out books that you want to read
- Make new friends
- Tasty treats at every meeting
- Play sardines after hours
- Emily and Becky are awesome and knowing them makes you even more awesome!
What is the Teen Advisory Board?
Only the coolest club at the library! TAB is a service program that gives teens the chance to gain leadership skills and impact the library in a positive way. You get to plan programs, make videos, and make decisions that affect the Teen Room. Click here for a list of TAB expectations and guidelines.
How do I join TAB?
- Pick up an application at the Teen Desk or print one out here
- Return the application to Emily or Taryn in the Teen Room
- The Teen Librarians will review your application and send you an email if you've been selected.
- For more information, contact Emily at email@example.com or visit the Teen Room.
Where can I volunteer in the community?